Traditional Wooden Longbow Making
You will come away from the workshop with the knowledge and skills to make your own longbow. You will learn how to make a bowstring that perfectly complements your own bow and understand the art of tillering, the process of carefully removing wood to cause the bows to bend in optimal arcs.
Students will learn how to tiller their bows to precise measurements of draw length and draw weight depending on the archer. After the bow is functionally finished, it comes time to bring the bows to an aesthetically pleasing finish with fine sanding and oiling.
During the second day afternoon the bows are ready for students to take to the shooting range to learn how to shoot. You will get your introduction to the instinctive shooting method. A powerful tool you can also utilise in many daily life situations.
This workshop offers much more than making a longbow. It shows you ways to reconnect, to ground with the Earth, to get in touch with your true self by exploring the art of making a longbow and learning the skills to use it; to play with your conscious awareness to allow essential aspects of your being to be/unfold/shine or hide.
What to Bring
– Weather appropriate clothing, sun hat
– Packed lunch and snacks (up to you), Water bottle
– A clamp and a work horse. (not required for 1 day workshops)
– Optional: your working gloves and your own tools(rasps & files) ALL TOOLS PROVIDED.
– An adult – if you’re under 14 years old (no extra charge for helpers)
– A curious and open mind 😉